gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Bug #332517 : Fam

From: Bruno Dusausoy
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Bug #332517 : Fam
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 12:54:21 +0100 (CET)

Piotr Eljasiak wrote:
>> This bug seems to be highly related to FAM but it's now obsolete,
>> replaced by Gamin.
>> But, apparently, GNOME Commander doesn't use neither Fam nor Gamin
>> anymore.
>> Is it the case ?
>
> No, gcmd uses either FAM or gamin - depending on what is installed

Indeed. I hadn't search deep :)
http://packages.ubuntu.com/edgy/gnome/gnome-commander doesn't mention
libfam or libgamin explicitely but
http://packages.ubuntu.com/edgy/libs/libgnomevfs2-0 does. Mea Culpa.

>> What do you think ?
>>
>> (I just propose, I don't want to push you in a direction or another
>> since I'm new on this mailing-list).
>
> I think the bug is still present, but can be observed rather on slower
> machines. Unfortunately I still don't know where is the bottleneck :o(

Hmmm ... This bug is annoying. What's frustrating is that I can't seem
able to reproduce it, so I cannot investigate this case.

If someone has more details about it, feel free to share them ;).

Regards.
--
Dusausoy Bruno
address@hidden