gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Bug with F2 key

From: Magnus Stålnacke
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Bug with F2 key
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:32:25 +0200

Piotr Eljasiak wrote:
I've just setup xubuntu Dapper box for testing... As for I'm from FC
world - I have no experience how to build a deb package for gcmd. Could
you, please, send a brief HOWTO ?

Just as a tip.

You could try checkinstall, it has the ability to build
RPM, DEB and Slackware TGZ packages.

Use like this when build/install:
./configure
make
checkinstall make install

Checkinstall starts with a question on what type of
package you want to build, asks for descriptions and
such, then ends with building the package that you
later can install with your distro package-management tool.

It works just great with RPM and TGZ, but i have never
used it for DEB.

TIA,
Piotr