gcc-conf-discuss

real startup

From: Masayuki Ida
Subject: real startup
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 23:23:31 +0900

To start the arrangement,
I like to propose a face-to-face meeting in August.

There are several choices for it.
One is, the week of August 19th in Boston, at the FSF or at MIT.
The other is, 27, 28, or 29th of August in San Francisco area.

At the meeting, we can discuss the details and decide.
Such as the structure to run, how to program, local arrangements..
I am fine to keep a role for bootstrapping, but
I don't need to be the chair by myself.
I like to make things happen, just being a corner stone.

For the choice of Boston meeting, I can find a meeting place.
For the choice of San Francisco/Silicon Valley meeting,
I will be definitely there, but I cannot make any local arrangement.
I cannot fly to Seatle or any other places.

As far as I can observe, one person is interested in leading,
several persons are interested in local arrangements,
USENIX and the GCC staring committee aware of the existence of
this idea...
For Japan side, some groups can help.

Masayuki Ida