Re: [ft] Freetype stuck in loop over emoji fonts?

From: François Guerraz
Subject: Re: [ft] Freetype stuck in loop over emoji fonts?
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 20:39:25 +0100

On Mon, 2019-04-22 at 19:38 +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> Well, in the more detailed backtrace available in the bug report
> you've obviously forgotten to install the debug symbols for the
> FreeType library.  In other words, the most interesting part for us
> is
> completely missing.  Can you retry that?

So, unfortunately I have not been able to build cairo with debug
symbols, but with freetype, this is the result (see attachments). There
are 3 attachements because being stopped in a loop, the bt depends on
where it's interrupted, so I've included 3 samples in case it helps.

> > Is there any command line tool that I can use to have freetype
> > render a given character string on screen or on a file?
>
> Try the programs from the `ft2demos' (or `freetype2-demos') bundle,
> for example `ftview' or `ftstring'.  Ideally, you compile both
> FreeType and its demo programs manually to get statically linked
> binaries, thus avoiding potential complications with DLLs.

I'll try this out when I get some time and if the backtraces are not
sufficient.

François