[ft] This is the "perfect" Makefile for FreeType library building on an

From: Nagy Károly
Subject: [ft] This is the "perfect" Makefile for FreeType library building on an AmigaOne
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2018 20:14:18 +0000

Hello Werner,

I write a "new" Makefile (freed from a lot of "brick-a-brack" and tested)
for building FreeType Library easily on an AmigaOne (AmigaOS 4.1 Final
Edition Update 1): attached "Makefile".

It makes a "libfreetype.a" (linked with ftinit.ppc.o and ftsystem.ppc.o,
too) static library which need to be copied to "SDK:local/newlib/lib". (SDK
v53.30, GCC v4.2.4)

After all these, we can create an application with the following method
without any complication:

gcc sdlttf.c -o sdlttf.run -lSDL_ttf -lfreetype -lSDL

Regards,
Károly Nagy

PS.: It would be good that you will place this Makefile (maybe mentioned my
name in it) in the next version of FreeType. I think it helps other Amiga
Fans and the name "libfreetype.a" sounds more logical than "libft2_ppc.a"
and I am not the only one who think so...