Re: [ft] FT_Done_Face Should Not Return An Error

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: Re: [ft] FT_Done_Face Should Not Return An Error
Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 14:34:26 +0900

I guess, if the original request were something like:
"there are so many existing applications which ignore the errors from
FT_Done_Face or FT_Done_Library.
I know no concrete examples of these errors, I want to collect the information
on these errors, so I want to have some hook into these functions.
something like a registration mechanism of a function pointer to be called when
FT_Done_Face or FT_Done_Library is going to return some error.
how to do that?",
the discussion could be more constructive.

Some desktop applications on Unix systems are expected to be running from the
user's login to the user's logout. Some of them are depending FreeType. Thus,
making FreeType abort immediately by a bad font, it can make some environment
quite inconvenient.

# I remember, Mac OS X 10.0 had such problem. A bad font in user's font
directory can prevent the login itself. It was quite inconvenient, except of
the people knowing SSH or CUI login method.