Re: [ft] FT_Done_Face Should Not Return An Error

From: Gregor Mückl
Subject: Re: [ft] FT_Done_Face Should Not Return An Error
Date: Sun, 6 May 2018 22:07:53 +0200

On Sun, 6 May 2018 09:47:19 +0200, Gregor Mückl wrote:

The important part here is that the constructor of gltb::Error
records the actual runtime callstack of where it was executed, that
is, how the throw statement was reached in the exection flow of the
program. And its asFormattedText method turns it into a readable
string. In various cases, I have dumped this string onto the console
(as in the example above), shown this in a Windows message box (no
console there) and written it into a log file that a user can locate
in the file system and send to me.

Also, on the way up to the exception handler in main(), stack
unwinding causes destructors of various objects to be called. That
way, RAII patterns in my code get executed: resources are freed,
files are closed (writing buffered file contents to disk) etc.

What happens if you have another FT_Face to dispose of?

Why would that matter? I cannot see the relevance to the topic.