Re: [ft] Query

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Query
Date: Tue, 01 May 2018 19:19:15 +0200 (CEST)

> I have installed freeType library 2.3.5 version compiled with
> MinGW. I am using it in Qt project.

Version 2.3.5 is stone age.  Please try a recent version like 2.9.

> I am unable to load colored glyph in it and every icons is in
>
> FT_PIXEL_MODE_GRAY format.
>
> I think we can not load colored glyph in 2.3.5 freetype library. Am
> i right?

Yes.  Colour support is not available with such an old library
version.

> Can we load colored glyph in latest version (i.e. 2.9) as
> FT_LOAD_COLOR suggests?

This is only for coloured emojis (stored as embedded bitmaps).

> Any url where i can found freetype library latest version compiled
> with MinGW or send me instructions to compile latest version with
> MinGW.

I don't know where to find a MinGW version, sorry.  Theoretically,
running FreeType's `configure' script should work out of the box.