[ft] statically linking to Freetype in visual studio 2017

From: Joaquin Santoyo
Subject: [ft] statically linking to Freetype in visual studio 2017
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 18:39:56 -0600

Hi,
I am having trouble statically linking to Freetype2 in VS2017.
I believe I have set the library directory path and name correctly, and I
am linking to a Freetype 2.9 built from source from the provided VS2010
project, in 'Debug Static' configuration. Also the Runtime Library was set
to MTd.
But I still have linking errors:

1>------ Build started: Project: HelloFreetype, Configuration: Debug
x64 ------1>Source.cpp1>Source.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved
external symbol __imp_FT_Init_FreeType referenced in function
main1>Source.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp_FT_Done_FreeType referenced in function
main1>C:\Users\joaqo\Documents\HelloFreetype\x64\Debug\HelloFreetype.exe
: fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals1>Done building project
"HelloFreetype.vcxproj" -- FAILED.========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1
failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I wrote more details here
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48489838/how-to-statically-link-freetype2-in-visual-studio
Is there anything more to it that I have been missing?

I hope this is the correct medium for this question, and thanks for any
support.
Regards,

JoaquĆ­n