Re: [ft] How to draw FT_Bitmap to the ARGB image?

From: John Found
Subject: Re: [ft] How to draw FT_Bitmap to the ARGB image?
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 12:54:03 +0200

On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 02:22:11 +0100
Wojciech Mamrak <address@hidden> wrote:

> If I had not provided the equation, then you would have asked me why I
> have not done this.

Not, if you provided some explanation. ;)

Anyway, I realized that it is not possible to have sub-pixel antialiasing
with the RGBA images, simply because it needs separate alpha channel for
every color.

In a result I made it first to convert the RGB glyph to grayscale and
then to blend it to the background. This way, the transparency is always OK.

Although, using separate alpha channels the problem is solvable.
I mean 48bit RGBrgb format instead of 32bit RGBA. (r, g and b are the alpha
channels for
the respective color channel).

But the big question is "Do I need subpixel antialiased fonts so badly?" :)

Best Regards
--
http://fresh.flatassembler.net
http://asm32.info