Re: [ft] Crashing libfreetype.so.6.11.2

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: Re: [ft] Crashing libfreetype.so.6.11.2
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 00:22:25 +0900

Could you tell me detailed info about the package revision?
I will be able to make a deb package including debuggable
shared library.

Generally speaking, even if there is a bad font in the system
which can make freetype library crashed, as far as it is not
loaded by the application, the application would not be crashed.
If the trouble is caused by the font (not by the freetype itself),
I guess you misconfigured something for your desktop environment
to refer a problematic font and it causes many crashes. Therefore,
making yet another account and trying to login with it would be
a considerable option to bypass the suspicious configuration.

Anyway "crashing" is not informative at all. You received SEGV
message? Or the applications unexpectedly abort? Any other warning
message?

Regards,
mpsuzuki