[ft] Miter join styles

From: Marco Wertz
Subject: [ft] Miter join styles
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 20:44:53 +0100

Please have a look at the attached image. I want FreeType to stroke the shape
as indicated by
the black lines at the top. Currently, it just draws what you can see in the
white shape with
the line join at the top of the shape not looking very nice. It'd look much
nicer if lines
were joined as indicated by the black lines. Is there any way to achieve this
look?

I'm currently using the following stroker setting:

    FT_Stroker_Set(stroker, (int) ((double) thickness * 32.0),
FT_STROKER_LINECAP_BUTT, FT_STROKER_LINEJOIN_MITER_FIXED, 128 << 16);

I have played with the miter limit argument and tried everything from 0 to 1024
but it doesn't make
a difference.

Any ideas how I can achieve the look indicated by the black lines in the
attached image?

Thanks!

Marco