Re: [ft] Tab (\t) escape space

From: Michael IV
Subject: Re: [ft] Tab (\t) escape space
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 12:31:32 +0300

Hmm,yes,now I see.I tried for example to see how Adobe AfterEffects deals with tab spacing between glyphs and it seems they use some arbitrary values.
I have another question though.I am building a bounding box around the text,including multi - line text.Now, horizontal bounds expand always correctly from left to right  of the actual text boundaries. But vertically,in some fonts I see the glyph caps pop outside the top bound.Vertical bounds I calculate by adding font height - line gap.Horizontal bounds I grow by adding the advance.

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 6:48 PM, Adam Twardoch (List) <address@hidden> wrote:
Ps. Similarly, FreeType does not deal with left or right indents, left, center or right alignment, full justification -- these are all things out of scope for FreeType, or even a line layout library such as HarfBuzz. You need to deal with it on a higher level when doing text layout.

A.