Re: [ft] Tab (\t) escape space

From: Adam Twardoch (List)
Subject: Re: [ft] Tab (\t) escape space
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 17:43:20 +0200

Tabs normally work as if you split the line and position it independently, as
if the portions of the line separated by tabs are set in columns. For example,
a string: "Hello\tWorld\n\Bye\tEarth" would be rendered in two lines in such
way that "Bye" starts under "Hello" and "Earth" starts under "World". There are
no "tab glyphs" that would solve that for you and I don't think FreeType
provides tab handling out of the box, so this needs to be handled outside of
FreeType. Also, there is no standard for the width of the tab, so you need to
make up one for you.

A.