Re: [ft] Help finding glyphs in TTF files

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Help finding glyphs in TTF files
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 15:32:46 +0200 (CEST)

Just to be sure: The TTF files for ARM and Linux Mint are *really*
identical, right?

>>What compiler warnings do you get?
>
> The only warning I get is that 'gray_dump_cell's is defined but not
> used due to the FT_DEBUG_LEVEL_TRACE define.

Yes, this is expected and harmless.

> It looks like the setjmp/longjmp code is just doing a validation.  I
> commented out this code, but the behavior is the same, so unless I'm
> not understanding well, I don't think this is the source of the
> problem.

Mhmm, I'm not sure that you are correct.  Can you use a debugger?  The
problematic code is in function `tt_face_build_cmaps' (in file
src/sfnt/ttcmap.c):

  if ( ft_setjmp( FT_VALIDATOR( &valid )->jump_buffer) == 0 )
  {
    /* validate this cmap sub-table */
    error = clazz->validate( cmap, FT_VALIDATOR( &valid ) );
  }

  if ( valid.validator.error == 0 )

On the ARM platform, `valid.validator.error' is incorrectly non-zero...

What about using different compilation optimization options?