Re: [ft] Help finding glyphs in TTF files

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Help finding glyphs in TTF files
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 08:44:57 +0200 (CEST)

> I compiled with FT_DEBUG_LEVEL_TRACE to try and find out what's
> going on.  I know, I should have done that earlier, but I'm still
> trying to get familiar with this library.  Anyway, I'm getting the
> following messages for all of my fonts.
>
> tt_face_build_cmaps: broken cmap sub-table ignored
> tt_face_build_cmaps: unsupported cmap sub-table ignored
>
> These two messages appear once or multiple times depending on the
> font file.

Assuming that the fonts work fine under Windows, this is indeed very
suspicious.

> Since I'm now suspecting my build as part of the problem, here's
> some more information that may be relevant.  [...]

Please build the library for a different platform, then execute your
program `foo' with

  FT2_DEBUG=any:7 foo

and redirect the output to a file.  Repeat the same on your ARM
platform and compare the results.  This should help find the
problematic spot.

You probably have to provide your own version of `ftdebug.c' in case
environment variables are not supported.

What compiler warnings do you get?

    Werner

PS: The cmap stuff uses `longjmp' and friends; this could also be a
    source of problems.