Re: [ft] How to render glyphs with baseline offset

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] How to render glyphs with baseline offset
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 10:54:33 +0100 (CET)

> Yes, it is trivial. But I was rather thinking about text which is
> rotated, hinted, and of subpixel quality - this certainly requires
> the use of FT's transformation capabilities. I am not sure whether
> any tool wrapping FT supports all these features.

I think that rotated *and* hinted text doesn't exist except for
trivial rotations by multiples of 90 degrees.  Ditto for subpixel
quality which relies on physical screen properties which also have
either vertical or horizontal orientation.

*Theoretically* it is possible for TT hints to handle hints for
rotated glyphs, IIRC, but I have never seen such a thing.