[ft] help developing a software for kerning and spacing

From: Chaitanya Gudapati
Subject: [ft] help developing a software for kerning and spacing
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 13:43:47 +0530

Hey guys,

This is my first post and thanks for taking time to read through it.
I want to make a kerning and spacing application.
Primarily i would like it to have the following functionality:

1) It should be able to display each glyph( i mean just like Fontlab studio where there is the font window and the glyph window)  nd it's side bearings(Both horizontal and vertical(asian fonts))
2) One should be able to adjust the spacing and Kerning manually
3) auto kern and space feature should be there(I can develop my own algorithms or improve the previous algos)

I am only comfortable with python and C# but Freetype is written in C. Even I am beginner programmer and is there anyway I can use Freetype and python to make the application i want?

Thanks
Chaitanya