Re: [ft] JAM issue

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] JAM issue
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 07:58:31 +0100 (CET)

> I am trying to compile freetype 2.4.3 and its demos on VisualC++
> 2010 Express under Windows 7 64 bit with use of FTJAM 2.5.2.

I'm very sorry, but the only developer who has used ftjam actively,
David Turner, basically no longer works on FreeType.  In case you can
provide patches (to the FreeType repositories) I'm glad to apply them.
Even better, if you could actively maintain ftjam, I would start to
rejoice.

> These are errors I receive (I can't even see all of them, they are very
> similar though):
>
> cl /nologo /c /Foobjs\type1.obj   /DFT2_BUILD_LIBRARY /Isrc\type1 /Iinclude
> src
> \type1\type1.c
>
> ...failed Cc objs\type1.obj ...
> Cc objs\type42.obj
> Name 'cl' is not recognized as input or output command, executable or input
> file.

Obviously, the command line compiler is not called `cl'.  The name of
the Windows compiler (of VisualC++ 2010 Express) must be known to
Jam's built-in knowledge database.  It seems that this is not the
case, and Jam must be properly patched to support it.