Re: [ft] freetype2 and Win64

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft] freetype2 and Win64
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 02:55:47 +0900

Hi,

On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 22:36:30 +0900
address@hidden wrote:
>C) ftcbasic.c & ftccmap.c
>
>It is not fixed yet. I will try to fix within this
>month.
>
># During the consideration of this issue, other
># cache vs optimizer bug was found and I slipped
># to return this original task.
>
>Yet I don't know serious requirement of 64-bit
>hash in FreeType cache. I will insert some hooks
>to prevent unexpected overflows by interplaying
>with 64-bit pointer and 32-bit integers.

Just I've fixed 32-bit hash issue of the cache subsystem
in GIT head. The type of hash is changed to FT_PtrDist
(ptrdiff_t) which changes nothing on ILP32, LP64 platforms.
It changes the hash size on IP16 and LLP64 platforms.
But it changes nothing in public APIs, except of hiding
LLP64-unsafe macros in ftcache.h, the binary compatibility
should be kept with the clients linked to forcibly-built
LLP64 libfreetype.

Unfortunately, still I have no access with Win64
environment, so please test.

Regards,
mpsuzuki

P.S.
gcc -Wconversion finds many more problems, but most of them
are not specific to LLP64. I classify them as future issues,
I'm sorry.