Re: [ft] rasterize outline with antialias or clear type

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] rasterize outline with antialias or clear type
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 00:14:06 +0200 (CEST)

> - Is it possible to rasterize one outline with cleartype rasterizer?

It depends what you mean with `ClearType'.  If you mean a threefold
increase in horizontal resolution which gets squeezed back in the
proper LCD mode, then yes.  If you mean the special handling of
TrueType instructions, then no since it is not implemented yet (but
there will be soon something into this direction).

> - I tried to rasterize some outline extract from a glyph with Werner
>   Lemberg' example3 in the documentation; it works fine but there is
>   no antialias even if I have setted
>
>                       bmp.pixel_mode = FT_PIXEL_MODE_GRAY;
>                       bmp.num_grays = 256;

example3.cpp uses the B/W renderer (in ftraster.c).  You need
ftgrays.c instead which works in standalone mode too.