[ft] serialize an outline Glyph and send it

From: Matteo Lanzi
Subject: [ft] serialize an outline Glyph and send it
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 12:14:46 +0200

Hi, i would like to serialize an outline glyph and send it to a client; than rasterize it in the client side which has not that face.

For the moment I tried to serialize only the ft_outline of the FT_OutlineGlyphRec structure, than I tried to create an empty glyph and initialize it with a new library, but it doesn’t seem to work. I also send almost all of the root part of the glyph except for clazz and library.

Which are the mandatory part of the outline to rasterize it? Is possible to rasterize and transform a glyph starting from its outline?

thanks

Matteo