Re: [ft] Stray pixel from FT_Outline_Get_Bitmap()?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Stray pixel from FT_Outline_Get_Bitmap()?
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 16:32:12 +0200 (CEST)

> I confess that being on an RPM-based system, I usually just use the
> system-provided RPMs, and I don't see anyone packaging 2.4.x by
> default (yet).  If it becomes crucial, I can explore trying to
> upgrade...

Well, 2.4.1 has a lot of fixes to prevent crashes with invalid fonts,
but this is probably not an important issue for you.

> - Our EM is 8000 (for some historical reason - the comments suggest
>   its related to preventing overflow).
> - Those points I gave are an integral/scaled mm size.  We take the
>   [floating point] mm size and scale it fit into the EM box.
> - For this face, the root.bbox ends up being (-4265,-4000),
>   (4265,4000)
> - In my "slot load CB", based on these inputs:
>        face->scale = 521.4579965583772
>        size->metrics.x_scale = 18579
>     I return these values for the points:
>        -131, 1382
>        -417, 1667
>         -83, 1667
>         203, 1382
>
> I'm not sure if that's clear, or if it's enough info.  If not,
> please let me know, and I'll dig further.  Similarly, if there's
> something specific I could look at or try, please let me know...

This should be enough info, thanks.  Unfortunately, these days I'm
moving from Germany back to Austria (after almost 15 years abroad...),
so I don't have enough time to provide something by myself I could
debug.

However, there is this example:

  http://freetype.sourceforge.net/freetype2/docs/tutorial/example3.cpp

Could you adapt this to render your shape?