Re: [ft] configuring freetype for only truetype support

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] configuring freetype for only truetype support
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 09:30:33 +0100 (CET)

> As the first step, I propose following insertion of comments.

Nice!  Please go on.  However, while quickly skimming it, I've found
one incorrect comment:

> /* bitmap glyph renderer, at least 1 renderer is required */

This is not correct.  You can compile FreeType without any renderer if
you want to get outlines only.  Perhaps the comment should be
something like

  /* bitmap glyph renderer; at least 1 renderer is required for bitmap
     or pixmap output */

> Also it would be possible to write some cpp macros to make the
> compilation abort if essential dependency is not satisfied.

I think this has quite a low priority...