Re: [ft] anti-aliasing question

From: Dave Calkins
Subject: Re: [ft] anti-aliasing question
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 18:03:08 -0500

On 2/8/2010 12:52 AM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
Is there an LCD mode which does not grow the image size?

No.  You need three colour channels for LCD rendering.
I'll read through that link you sent on ClearType. Just to make sure I'm understanding you though, if I have a glyph which results in a 9-pixel wide bitmap, turning LCD mode on results in a 9x3=27 pixel wide bitmap.

You're saying that this is really a 3-channel bitmap and that through color filtering you should still end up rendering (when its all said and done) a 9-pixel wide glyph right?