[ft] Tet rendering information

From: François-Xavier GENDRIN
Subject: [ft] Tet rendering information
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 15:10:53 +0200

Hi,

I’m working on software written in java which wants to do the following:

Get each glyphs of a “hello” word in any font and rules necessary to assembly them into the word “hello”.

This software must return ‘h’, ‘e’, ‘l’, ‘o’ and say ‘h’ has a width of W and next char must be move of 2 pixels on the left …

It has to manage kerning and other stuff.

I know that is the work of the text rendering engine to wrote this but I need the information that it uses to do the job without wrote all code that is necessary to exploit all of them.

I search a little into many forums and others API and project, but I’m running out of time and knowledge. Did someone has some information for this problem.

Best regards,

--

François-Xavier Gendrin