RE: [ft] Questions with freetype

From: Erik Möller
Subject: RE: [ft] Questions with freetype
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 08:24:41 +0100

Hi,

If I remember correctly the issue with that approach was that I couldn't
find a way to get a common coordinate system for the two images and hence
would get artifacts on some glyphs. The outlined glyph (sorry, should really
say stroked glyph to avoid confusion but old habits die hard) image is going
to have larger dimensions than the regular glyph image and how do you find
the "pivot" for both of them? The stroked version isn't necessarily an even
number of pixels wider and taller so you can't just use width/2 and
height/2.

Maybe one of the freetype guys can let us all know if there is a way? It
sure would make for a simper sample...though I'm pretty satisfied with 300
lines of code to interface with an open source library ;)

Erik Möller,
Timetrap
http://www.timetrap.se
http://www.emberwind.se