Re: [ft] Questions with freetype

From: Mickey Gabel
Subject: Re: [ft] Questions with freetype
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 00:25:35 +0900

On 25/02/2009 00:19, Fan Zhang wrote:
One way I am considering is to use emboldening.

Drawing a emboldening character in the bitmap buffer and erasing
internal part with normal bitmap generated by ft2 engine.

Did your guys try that direction?

Thanks
Fan

We haven't tried anything yet, this is all still in the planning/experiment phase, so for us it's still theoretical.

I think your approach will mangle characters with small details and holes, for example chinese characters.