Re: [ft] Vert advance on line break

From: Mickey Gabel
Subject: Re: [ft] Vert advance on line break
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 11:22:13 +0200

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
It might be a good idea to write some of the above in the glyph
conventions or tutorial docs.

Do you volunteer?  Just send diffs :-)

I don't mind trying. However I tried gettting the freetype2 module from CVS, and it seems the freetype2/docs dir is partically empty. I did get the sources, so I guess I did checkout the module correctly.
Where are the tutorial and glyph docs?

Actually this is becoming quite interesting. Are there any good
sources on the internet, and also books regarding digital typography
that you would recommend?

What exactly do you mean `digital typography'?  You might look up the
archives of TUGboat, the magazine of the TeX Users' Group, which gives
plenty of details on typesetting with TeX and general typesetting
issues.

  http://tug.org/TUGboat/contents.html

A "for further reading" list might be nice.  I bet a lot of things
written in the books are actually quite different in practice :)

Again, please send a diff which I can incorporate.

    Werner

Thanks for the link.
If/when I get to updating the docs, I will try to add the TUGboat recommendation. It seems a bit silly since I am in no position to recommend books/material on a subject I know nothing about!