Re: [ft] Pruning fonts

From: Johan
Subject: Re: [ft] Pruning fonts
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 11:04:53 +0100

Thanks Dave!
I have looked in to the FontForge project and it do look very good.
The only problem with that is the enviromet. The script has to be
runnable on a lot of different plattforms. There is no guarantee of
the existence of Cygwin, python etc. The only certain thing is Java,
that has to be installed on all platforms, hence I would prefer a
javabased solution.

Would it be a lot of work to implement this myself using the ttf spec?
Is there OS dependencies (like Microsoft not conforming to the spec)?

Regards
Johan