Re: [ft] Valid font or not?

From: Kristof Van Landschoot
Subject: Re: [ft] Valid font or not?
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 14:00:02 +0200

Hey,

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Pierre Marchand <address@hidden> wrote:

> FontForge can be of great help here, it managed to open the font file,
> complainaing about missing CIDMap. But while fontmatrix (a Freetype based
> program) was unable to display more than "#" and "$" with this font,
> FontForge could access and display all glyphs.

That looks like a great program!  Thanks for the tip.

> (..) few minutes later: It's horrible! :) If you need this font, better to
> start with an empty project and import glyphs in it.

Ok, I'll just dismiss this font as "horrible" for now and hope I don't
have to deal with it again anymore.  Thanks for looking in to that!!

Could you (if it's not too much trouble) give some hints on why this
font is so horrible and how I could have seen it in fontforge?

Thanks,
kristof