Re: [ft] Valid font or not?

From: Pierre Marchand
Subject: Re: [ft] Valid font or not?
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 13:21:52 +0200

Vous (Kristof Van Landschoot) avez écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> In attached font, there seems to be no metrics.  Yet windows shows the
> characters in it when I double click the font file, so I assume the
> outline is in it.  Is this valid?
>
> Is there a utility to dump font info like this?  Now I'm just using
> the debugger to try to see what's going on.

FontForge can be of great help here, it managed to open the font file,
complainaing about missing CIDMap. But while fontmatrix (a Freetype based
program) was unable to display more than "#" and "$" with this font,
FontForge could access and display all glyphs.

(..) few minutes later: It’s horrible! :) If you need this font, better to
start with an empty project and import glyphs in it.

HTH

--
Pierre Marchand
http://www.oep-h.com