[ft] Can Freetype help me with this?

From: Reenen Laurie
Subject: [ft] Can Freetype help me with this?
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 11:57:51 +0200

Hi,

I am totally new to freetype, and I want to know if I am at the right place.

First... Where I am coming from:

I am a programmer of a free open source application [1] (Magic: the
gathering if anyone is interested), that aims to be cross platform.  I
use Lazarus [2] as my programming language (IDE), and I use GLScene
(for Lazarus) [3] on top of that.  This works well for me in Windows,
but when I port the project to linux, all my OpenGL text labels don't
work.

Now... where I want to go:
I want to know if Freetype (1 or 2) will enable these OpenGL text
labels to work.  This I guess will be fairly tricky for the Freetype
people to tell without further analysis, but also for the GLScene
people.  So maybe there is someone here that is using GLScene with
Freetype at the moment who could assist me.

Eventually I hope to just include the Freetype library with my
application to ensure that it works everywhere the same way... I guess
that's the way libraries are supposed to work. :-)

Anyway, any help, or direction to make GLScene work together with
Freetype to display my text will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
-Reenen

[1] daringapprentice.wikispaces.com
[2] www.lazarus.freepascal.org