Re: [ft] Link Error: could not open FreeType.lib

From: bnTheMan
Subject: Re: [ft] Link Error: could not open FreeType.lib
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 11:03:31 -0700 (PDT)

OK, I have given up all hope here. I am about to pull my hairs, and I can't
see how something like this can be that difficult. I have tried compiling
the Win32 Visual C++ project which only creates the FreeType2110MT_D.lib
file but no freetype.lib file. I have tried using the settings from
http://freetype.freedesktop.org/wiki/FreeType_DLL#head-3384cb3f8f8df09eaa2739d2cc1baafbeec2ca7b
this link here  in Visual C++, but I get an error stating that ftcache.obj
cannot not be opened no such file or directory. I tried downloading
http://kd.lab.nig.ac.jp/glyph-keeper/files/FreeType-2.1.10-MSVC-8.0b2.zip
this link here  which is the setup of the upper link given in a batch file,
but not one obj file, lib file, or dll file is created even though there
were no errors. I tried downloading 2 different versions of freetype, 2.1.10
and 2.3.5. neither of them are not giving me the lib files.
If you need my computer specs they are as follows
Intel Pentimum 4 1.6 GHz processor
512 DDR RAM
Windows XP Home sp2
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express
Microsoft Platform SDK

For the love of God could someone give me some help on what I am doing
wrong? Like I said before, I never made a Lib file before so I have the
faintest clue how to build this library.

and BTW Werner, don't tell me you do not know how Visual C++ works when the
above 2 links were written and created by you. So you must know something
about Visual C++.