Re: [ft] Charmap encoding, something incorrect - getting '/LYH' instead

From: Richard Baverstock
Subject: Re: [ft] Charmap encoding, something incorrect - getting '/LYH' instead of 'Live'
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 00:11:15 -0700

Sent file in private email

Using ftview -e unic -m Live <font file>, "Live" is displayed correctly -- note I had to do this on a Linux box, as I can't build freetype2 on my mac due to a compile issue (see end of email).

This occurs with _every_ font I use.

Thanks,
Richard

Compile issue with ar "Invalid operation" when trying to create the static library libfreetype.a:

ar cru /Users/baver/Programming/freetype-2.3.5/builds/.libs/ libfreetype.a <snip list of object files> ar: /Users/baver/Programming/freetype-2.3.5/builds/.libs/ libfreetype.a: Invalid operation