Re: [ft] Problem Rendering FreeType Fonts with OpenGL

From: sheep
Subject: Re: [ft] Problem Rendering FreeType Fonts with OpenGL
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 23:03:54 +0100

Thomas K. wrote:
Hi Jimmy,

I suggest using a library like FTGL, [ http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/henryj/code/#FTGL ] which will handle the openGL drawing with much less hassle. FTGL can render as polygons, textures, pixmaps and in several other ways, it is also quite customisable (I'm doing so for my own purposes at the moment :).

Even if you'd rather do things yourself, then Looking at how FTGL works could give you some useful hints.

Regards, James

--
sheep