RE: [ft] Speed/Quality adjustments

From: Riede.Edward
Subject: RE: [ft] Speed/Quality adjustments
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 10:35:29 -0800

Unfortunately the ftcache.c locks up the compiler for my target. (it just
hangs, no warnings or errors), so I am not caching the rendered bitmaps at the
moment.  This is an option if I write my on cache or 'fix' the included one,
but it obviously won't speed the first rendering. The depth of the cache I can
have and available memory are not necessarily constant, so the subsequent
renderings are questionalble.  I would also like something deterministic if I
could get it.  I am considering pre-rendering to eprom at compile time, then
copying the results without rendering on the target.

Ed