Re: [ft] Tesselationg Fonts with gluTesselator

From: Bertrand Coconnier
Subject: Re: [ft] Tesselationg Fonts with gluTesselator
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 21:14:50 +0200

Hello Nathan,

Both winding rules (GLU_TESS_WINDING_ODD and GLU_TESS_WINDING_NONZERO) work ok for me : they give the same result.

What I understand from the docs is that if you use FT_Outline_Decompose() the scan-converter will always parse the outline using the non-zero winding rule, whatever is the actual winding rule of your font.

But may be I am wrong ?

Bertrand.

LonelyStar wrote :
Hello together,

I am trying to make Polygons for Fonts using gluTesselator.
It works on many characters, but fails on characters with wholes.
So my guess is, that I use the wrong Winding rules. I set the winding this
way:

if(face->glyph->outline.flags | FT_OUTLINE_EVEN_ODD_FILL)
                gluTessProperty(t, GLU_TESS_WINDING_RULE, GLU_TESS_WINDING_ODD);
        else
                gluTessProperty(t,GLU_TESS_WINDING_RULE,
GLU_TESS_WINDING_NONZERO);

How should I set the winding rules?
Thanks!
Nathan