Re: [ft] opening a face from limited information

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft] opening a face from limited information
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 10:22:03 +0900

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 10:17:41 +0900
address@hidden wrote:
>open all font files, and compare informations of Panose entry
>in OS/2 table of each font file, versus given wxFont:

I slipped to notice the reference about Panose, See:
        http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/opentype/index_os2.html

And I have to notice in advance, FreeType2 does not synthesize
OS/2 table if the font file doesn't have it. For example, you
cannot extract Panose info from X11 bitmap fonts: PCF etc.

Regards,
mpsuzuki