Re: [ft] Building freetype-2.1.10 on Cygwin

From: Paul Watson
Subject: Re: [ft] Building freetype-2.1.10 on Cygwin
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 05:37:30 -0600

I continue trying to build a shareable library with which to link graphviz.

When I use './configure --enable-shared', several lines are emitted which
appear to suggest that a shared library will be created.

$ ./configure --enable-shared |grep share
cd builds/unix; ./configure --enable-shared
checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld.exe) supports
shared libraries... yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld.exe) supports
shared libraries... yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld.exe) supports
shared libraries... yes

However, after running 'make', the .la file contains:

        # The name that we can dlopen(3).
        dlname=''

Should I expect a .dll file to be created?  Should I be looking for a .so of
some kind?  I notice that the output of 'libtool --config' contains:

        # Shared library suffix (normally ".so").
        shrext_cmds='.dll'

I would welcome any suggestions.  Thanks.