Re: [ft] ft2 compile problem with GNU make

From: luoyi
Subject: Re: [ft] ft2 compile problem with GNU make
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 18:07:10 +0800

"Werner LEMBERG" <address@hidden> ??????:address@hidden
>> I know the reson ,because Win XP SP2 doesn't have
>> type.exe or copy.exe, so make report can't createprocess.
>
> Interesting.  Those commands are built-ins from cmd.exe, right?
>
> How can I identify Win XP?  Is there an environment variable `OS'?
> What value does it have?
>
>> just replace "type" to "cmd.exe /c type" can do the work!
>
> Thanks for the information!  If we can configure Win XP reliably it is
> straightforward to adjust that.  BTW, what's the replacement for
> `copy.exe'?  I asume `cmd.exe /c copy', but who knows :-)
>    Werner

Sorry, my previous answer is wrong. the true root cause of my
compile-failure is beacuse I've
installed cygwin. and "make -p | grep SEHLL" give the following result:

F:\freetype>make -p | grep SHELL
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
SHELL := D:/cygwin/bin/sh.exe

after I rename D:/cygwin/bin/sh.exe to D:/cygwin/bin/sh.exe.bak, then :
F:\freetype>make -p | grep SHELL
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
SHELL := sh.exe

and all things seems OK. I don't know how GNU make decide the value of
SHELL,
so I can't give a solution.hope you can help me.