Re: [ft] Howto compile Freetype on cygwin shared

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft] Howto compile Freetype on cygwin shared
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 11:02:52 +0900

Hi

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 00:42:26 +0100
Daniela Duerbeck <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hmm, this should actually work.  Please send the file
>> `builds/unix/config.log' (compressed) to the list for further
>> inspection.
>
>I attached it to this mail.

If following conditions are matched, please try adding
"-no-undefined" to LDFLAGS in builds/unix/config.mk.

--

1) when libtool runs to build objs/libfreetype.la,
   you received a warning like

        libtool: warning: undefined symbols not allowed
        in i686-pc-cygwin shared libraries

2) objs/libfreeype.la, objs/.libs/libfreetype.a,
   objs/.libs/libfreetype.lai are created correctly.

If (1 & 2) are true, modify a line in builds/unix/config.mk,
from
                LDFLAGS := -z
                LDFLAGS := -z -no-undefined

Then, remove objs/libfreetype.la, and execute "make" again.

--

I remember "no-undefined" option issue had ever arised
in BeOS building (cygwin requires it, but it disables

Regards,
mpsuzuki