[ft] FT_Load_Glyph problems under OpenBSD

From: Cyphre
Subject: [ft] FT_Load_Glyph problems under OpenBSD
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 22:02:57 +0100

Hello all,

I'm using AGG(www.antigrain.com) wrapper for FreeType to be able render TTF fonts using my AGG based library. It works ok under Linux(tested on Mepis) and Windows but I'm having problems under OpenBSD(tested with version 3.6 and 3.8).
It looks like the problem is that the first call to FT_new_face and then FT_Load_Glyph for each new FT_Face returns somehow 'crippled'  (see http://www.rebol.cz/~cyphre/tests/agg-freetype-obsd.png screenshot) glyph outline data(and also other glyphSlot info) so the first 'glyph-set' cannot be rendered properly.

This is really strange because the exactly same code works OK when compiled on other systems than OpenBSD.

Does anyone have such experience? Is there anyone who is responsible for porting FtreeType2 to OpenBSD and who could eventually help me?

note: I'm using the default installed libfreetype.so.12.0 under OpenBSD3.6 (i386)

thanks for any advice,

Richard