Re: [ft] bytecode interpreter, activ?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] bytecode interpreter, activ?
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 14:45:27 +0100 (CET)

> ive change the file ftoption.h to recompile freetype 2.1.10 with the
> bytecode interpreter, at the moment my tft screen shows me one line
> "readable" fonts and the next line "not so readable" fonts...even
> writing this email, the chars just look blurred on every second
> line. so i tried to activate the bytecode interpreter.

Please test your font with the ftview demo program.  If everything is
fine then probably the problem is in your application.

> as stated in the file ftoption.h
>
> Note that for the moment, the algorithm
>   /* is only used when selected at runtime through the parameter tag
>   /* FT_PARAM_TAG_UNPATENTED_HINTING; or when the debug hook
>   /* FT_DEBUG_HOOK_UNPATENTED_HINTING is globally activated.
>
> at runtime? - thats after compiling iirc.

Right.  This is for applications, not for the end-user.

> looks more like text for a header file?

ftoption.h is a header file :-)

> where can i check if they are active or not?

As an end user, you can't check whether FreeType has been compiled
with or without the bytecode interpreter except by visual inspection
of glyphs.

Or do you mean something different?