[ft] bytecode interpreter, activ?

From: julius Junghans
Subject: [ft] bytecode interpreter, activ?
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 10:55:39 +0100

Hi,

ive change the file ftoption.h to recompile freetype 2.1.10 with the bytecode interpreter, at the moment my tft screen shows me one line "readable" fonts and the next line "not so readable" fonts...even writing this email, the chars just look blurred on every second line. so i tried to activate the bytecode interpreter.

as stated in the file ftoption.h

Note that for the moment, the algorithm  */
/* is only used when selected at runtime through the parameter tag */ /* FT_PARAM_TAG_UNPATENTED_HINTING; or when the debug hook */
 /* FT_DEBUG_HOOK_UNPATENTED_HINTING is globally activated.

at runtime? - thats afer compiling iirc.
looks more like text for a header file?
where can i check if they are active or not?

greets
metalfan