Re: [ft] Monochrome Bitmap Trouble

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Monochrome Bitmap Trouble
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:14:25 +0200 (CEST)

>    I am still puzzling with bitmap. Please tell me is it possible to
> get a fixed size characters or can we specify the fixed inter
> character space rather using kerning.

I don't understand the question.  If the font is a mono-spaced font,
you'll get mono-spaced output.  Note that many CJK fonts don't have
this flag set because those fonts are bicameral, containing
mono-spaced single-width and mono-spaced double-width glyphs at the
same time.

Please give a more detailed example of what you want to do.

> Also I am not able to get Japanese character from MsMincho font. How
> we can use FT_Select_Charmap(face,FT_ENCODING_SJIS).

You have to check whether MsMincho contains an SJIS charmap at all.
There are high chances that only a Unicode charmap is available.  In
that case you have to translate your SJIS input to Unicode (e.g., by
using iconv or something like that).