[Freetype] glyph rendering results in null bitmap

From: Benjamin Wardemann
Subject: [Freetype] glyph rendering results in null bitmap
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 23:38:10 +0100

Hi,
I just started using freetype2(version 9.4.3) and couldn't get any output on the screen. The installation is working with GNOME, but the example program of the first tutorial will only produce blank output, i.e. the FT_BITMAP returned by a call to
 FT_Load_Char() has width and height 0, the bitmap itself is NULL.
 I stepped through the code, none of the called functions returns an error,
 did I miss something?

 Sincerely,
   madmatrix