Re: [Freetype] Compiling freetype on uclinux

From: nafiton smith
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Compiling freetype on uclinux
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 18:12:42 +0100

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

configure: warning: CFLAGS=-v -O2 -D__uClinux__ -I/home/nafi/uClinux-dist/lib/uClibc/include -I/home/nafi/uClinux-dist/linux-2.4.x/include -m5307 -Wa,-S -Wa,-m5307 -msep-data: invalid host type configure: warning: LDFLAGS=-Wl,-elf2flt -Wl,-move-rodata: invalid host type
configure: error: can only configure for one host and one target at
a time

You have written

 ./configure CFLAGS="..."  LDFLAGS="..."

haven't you (note the double quotes)?

Yes, it has the double quotes. I am running it from a script ( I think this make no difference, or does it?). And almost works with the parameters before ./configure, but it does not work at all with the parameters after it.

Where can I read this auto tools info?  This is a Red Hat Linux, I
looked for man autoconf, autoconf --help, find -iname *autoconf* and
at tlpd.org site but I was not able to find that info.  I am walking
through these files on a change and try steps.

The info pages can be visited with `info' (or with `M-x info' within
Emacs):

 info autoconf

If this doesn't bring you to autoconf.info you probably haven't it
installed.  You should install the most recent version of autoconf,
2.59.

It is 2.53 autoconf here. So, no info. I will try an update. Can this be the problem with the parameter order?

BTW, instead of `find -name *autoconf*' I would use the `locate'
command (provide you've installed it).
Buff, a little faster indeed. Thanks again,
nafiton