Re: [Freetype] Compiling freetype on uclinux

From: nafiton smith
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Compiling freetype on uclinux
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 12:57:14 +0100

hello

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

And this last warning about _start symbol is really suspicious,
isn't it?  Any idea?

From the autoconf info file:

- Variable: LDFLAGS
    Stripping (`-s'), path (`-L'), and any other miscellaneous options
    for the linker.  Don't use this variable to pass library names
    (`-l') to the linker, use `LIBS' instead.  If it is not set in the
    environment when `configure' runs, the default value is empty.
    `configure' uses this variable when linking programs to test for
    C, C++ and Fortran 77 features.

The same can be found in the libtool info file.

Additionally, you shouldn't do

 LDFLAGS=... CFLAGS=... ./configure

but

 ./configure LDFLAGS=... CFLAGS=...

also according to the autoconf info file.

I tried to put the flags after ./configure call but it didnĀ“t work:
configure: warning: CFLAGS=-v -O2 -D__uClinux__ -I/home/nafi/uClinux-dist/lib/uClibc/include -I/home/nafi/uClinux-dist/linux-2.4.x/include -m5307 -Wa,-S -Wa,-m5307 -msep-data: invalid host type configure: warning: LDFLAGS=-Wl,-elf2flt -Wl,-move-rodata: invalid host type
configure: error: can only configure for one host and one target at a time

Where can I read this auto tools info? This is a Red Hat Linux, I looked for man autoconf, autoconf --help, find -iname *autoconf* and at tlpd.org site but I was not able to find that info. I am walking through these files on a change and try steps.

Thank you for your help,
nafi