Re: [Freetype] Re: help modifying freetype demo.

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Re: help modifying freetype demo.
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 10:12:22 +0100

George H wrote:
Hello,

I would like to modify the ftview freetype demo, to work with an off-screen Mesa context I am using.

It's my understanding the the MIGS portion of the demo is setup to only display grayscale characters. I am having trouble understanding how I could add support for rendering characters in a variety of colors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if any one is aware of other C interfaces to freetype I would love to see them.

Actually, the small graphics library was recently updated to support
rendering into RGB pixmaps (as well as gray 8-bit ones). You should
take a look at the new version of "grwin32.c" and more especially
"grx11.c" (the latter contains routines to perform blitting/conversion
from rgb to various popular pixel modes, in case you'd need to duplicate
this functionality).

So I suppose you'll only need to write your own "graphics driver" and
add it to the "graph" directory.

Hope this helps,

- David Turner